limpin' ain't easy

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Deux

While avoiding class and catching up on some well deserved nap/Juno time, AP showed me this and proceeded to ask me the following. I didn't put too much thought into it, but then she made a post about it. Now, I have a blog and feel somewhat obligated. And also I'm antsy to post.

1. If you could do anything you want tomorrow, what would it be?
I would be on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean wearing a very tiny bikini sipping something with an umbrella in it.

2. What are your core values?
Sincerity, compassion, loyalty

3. What are your special talents?
I can make my tongue into a clover. Also, when doing karaoke I can mimic the original singer's voice uncannily well.

4. What do you do better than most people you know?
My writing skills have always been much higher than my peers; I am always surprised when I hand in a half-assed paper and receive an A. Then, I read my classmates' writing and I understand. I'm also really good at speaking on the phone. My mom was strict about phone manners and it paid off.

5. What were your dreams as a child?
I really wanted to be an astronaut. I even went to space camp. I still want to be an actress.

6. What is the thing you are most proud of accomplishing in your life so far?
I am most proud of overcoming my fear of heights. When I was 14 or 15, I climbed a 50 ft. rock
wall. Although I was proud, the fear was still there. A year later, I went on a retreat with a group from my
high school. We rock climbed again and with the support of my peers, I finally made it to the top. Now,
I climb frequently (save for the bum foot). More recently, I
jumped off a 10m platform and more
excitingly, I jumped off a 40 ft.
waterfall.
7. What will you regret not doing in your life if you continue as you are now?
I let myself off too easily. If I can get by doing the minimum, I will do so. Recently, I've discovered how much I dislike that about myself and I'm working really hard to put my best into everything I do. So far it's paying off, so I plan to continue challenging myself.

8. What do you want people to say about you after you are no longer living? What is your legacy?
This question is hard. Really, I want to affect at least one person. As a coach and swim instructor, I think of all the young minds that come through my life each day. I tell them never to give up and always give it their best shot; that I don't care if it's THE best, just THEIR best. It's really corny, but when I see their eyes light up, I feel like I've made a difference. I wonder if they'll remember me down the line. Moments like that make me want to pursue a career in teaching; I guess I want people to say that I was inspiring, optimistic and motivating.

My legacy would have to be my tattoo.

9. What do you want to do when you retire?
I want to live in a cabin by a mountainside lake. I want to be surrounded by nature and the one I love, On Golden Pond style. I probably also want a house on the beach, too.

10. Outside of parents who influenced your life more than anyone else; who had an impact on you and what was it about that person that meant something to you?
My sister, Heather. As crazy as she drives me, I love her dearly. I don't know what I would have become if I didn't have a big sister.

1 comment:

AP said...

i am counting down the minutes until we are one with the swiss