limpin' ain't easy

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dropping the Weight

So, it turns out that I actually am fat. I'm not just big boned, chubby or a little overweight; I'm fat. I'm frustrated that I haven't seen any results yet, even though I've been eating like a saint (one Frosty does not a fat girl make). It's also been almost 20 days since my last drink and I have nothing to show for it.

Side note: I have a bottle of wine from Celia and Toby's wedding. It has an adorable picture of them on it, with their wedding date. I'm pretty sure that's an amazing reminder/symbol of my sobriety.

Back to being a fat girl. I know I shouldn't worry about what other people say, or think. However, this summer 2 people have directly commented on my weight. One parent at work (who notoriously overshares, but that's besides the point) came up to me to comment on how "beautiful" I am. She then said, "lose some weight." According to her, after I do so I will then be a "princess" and/or "the queen" of everything. The next day, one of my employees saw me in a bathing suit and mentioned how he was recently looking at my facebook pictures (creeper) and saw one from Halloween and said how "thin" I looked. The next thing he said: "What happened?"

I eat less than and healthier than most people I know. Yeah, sure I won't get heart disease in a few years. But I want to be thin!

Anyway, instead of whining about it, I'm finally taking bigger steps towards losing weight. I've joined sparkpeople.com, a free website that'll help track your nutrition, exercise, give you advice, etc. Check me out.

We'll see how it goes.

Next time on Chilly Cheeks: thunderstorms, DYFS and mothers

No comments: