limpin' ain't easy

Friday, February 6, 2009

There's an elf in my house

A few weeks ago, I cleaned my entire room. I went through plastic containers, emptied drawers, and even rearranged some furniture. While doing this, I lost a pack of nose rings. No big deal, they were the cheapy kind from Claire's but I was upset nonetheless. I even went through all the trash I threw out, to no avail. But I figured, hey, whateves, they were the cheapy kind from Claire's.

Then on Tuesday morning, I decided to put on my new earrings. I took one off the plastic thing it came on and put it on my left ear. I promptly took it off and put it down on my dresser, knowing that I didn't want to have dangle earrings on while I blew dry my hair. When I went to put the earring back on five minutes later, it was gone. Completely, 100% missing. I moved my dresser and went through every single drawer in case in fell in. I ripped my room apart. It dematerialized.

Yesterday, after a 30 minute bus ride from a meeting that was canceled without my knowledge, I came home to even more shitty luck. New Brunswick was bitterly, painfully cold yesterday. So, before going to the grocery store, I decided to come in and put on my headband for my ears. But it was nowhere to be found. I started looking for my other headband, but that was nowhere to be found either.

What the hell is going on? I know I'm not losing my mind. Yes, losing these inconsequential things is affecting me more because there's a lot on my plate right now, but there's no way that I'm just misplacing all of this stuff. So what I'm convinced of is that there is a leprechaun sitting somewhere with my earwarmers wrapped around him, examining the way the light bounces off my jewelry. Or perhaps a goblin is giggling while he runs around my feet, tripping me on purpose and hiding my things to drive me crazy.

Now that I've sufficiently creeped myself out, hopefully this is the goblin wreaking havoc on my life:

And this the leprechaun:

No comments: