limpin' ain't easy

Monday, February 16, 2009

Woman you nice, sweet, fantastic

It's been said, and I'll tend to agree: 23 is the new 21.

My birthday was so freaking awesome this year. Twelve of my friends and I played laser tag and had so much fun. First we had to find it, which was difficult. It was in a warehouse in the middle of the woods. Once everyone got there it was kind of like, "hey I actually brought you here to murder you happy birthday to meeee! jk jk roflmao."

So anywhooo we didn't get raped or murdered, thank goodness. We had a total blast, pun definitely intended. The party continued to a little Mexican restaurant, where they had a DJ blasting Mexican music (salsa? lambada?) and flashing, multi-colored disco lights. I was prepared to have the worst experience of my life. However, the DJ came over the intercom and in Spanish, dedicated a song to his amigos quien no hablan espaƱol. Imagine my surprise when he played this.

I couldn't breathe for approximately 3 minutes and 50 seconds, or however long the song was. Is that what white, non-Spanish speaking people listen to? Also, I do speak Spanish, that's how I understood that the song was dedicated to us.

About 15 minutes after sitting down, K disappeared and we heard the DJ come onto the loud speaker again and wish me a happy birthday. He then proceeded to play 2 Mexican birthday songs, while wishing me happiness and joy for the year. I'll be honest, I cried a little bit because he was being so nice. For the rest of the night he'd periodically say "Happy Birthday, Air-een." Totes adorable.

One of the waitresses then brought me birthday flan (SWEET). Perhaps they ran out of birthday candles, or don't carry them, because instead of a candle for me to blow out in the birthday flan, I had 6 toothpicks set on fire. It was glorious.

I had so much fun on my birthday, and I'm so grateful to my friends who were there to help me celebrate in style.

Finally, this is for my friends out there who don't speak Spanish. Enjoy:

No comments: