limpin' ain't easy

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Saga Continues...

Lil D and I took a trip to NBPA to get the boot off of her car. We paid the parking tickets online, then went to the boot release window (it has its own window). Before we could get the boot released, in addition to paying off the tickets, there was a $50 boot release fee. When the credit card came out, the woman said: "Cash only."

Of course.

As we walked down the stairs out of the office, I kicked the door open Sparta-style and yelled "Fuck the Parking Authority!"

We walked down the street to the ATM, then returned. I had to walk across the hall from the boot release window to the payment window and presented the $60 from the "quick cash" option of the ATM. The other woman then said: "Exact change only."

Of course.

Since none of the stores on the street would just break a $20, we bought a candy bar that I didn't even enjoy. The third time was indeed the charm, so finally the first woman put in the call to release the boot. As we walked out, to release my final rage, I ripped the framed poster directing people upstairs about 3/4 off the wall, then nervously tried to fix it, then ran away. I told Lil D, "You can really tell who a person is once you've seen them deal with the parking authority. I hope you still want to be my friend."

Thankfully she does and even said, "if possible, I want to be your friend even more." Cute! Although failing to flirt with the kind of cute boot release boy, Lil D did learn some crucial information about our arch nemesis, P Francis: his first name is Paul. Paul Francis, meet your worst nightmares.

Also, I'm in Germany. So far, the adventure has been good. I went to a chocolate factory on the very day girls need chocolate the most, so I am happy. Keep a lookout for more Germany adventures, I have a feeling this is going to be a wild trip!


This is so weird.

No comments: